POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why??? : Re: Why??? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why???
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 6 Dec 2007 15:53:42
Message: <47586156$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:

> I'd offer to give SQL workshops to the developers, but I think I'd be the
> only person who attends. After all, databases are easy and anyone can write
> SQL. Right?

Sure it is. After all, a database is really just a flat file with a
built-in search function, right?

Right??

> *sigh*
>
> I feel a bit better now.

Seriously. Until I read this, I thought this kind of incompetent crap
was only on thedailywtf.com and asktom.oracle.com. Now it seems it
happens in The Real World too. This is... deeply worrying.

What you have described indicates that the people who did this have a
thorough lack of understanding of WTF a database actually *is*!

(Hey, did you hear about the guy who hired a bunch of programmers to add
multi-value columns to M$ Access? Because it's "impossible" to work with
a product so primitive that it doesn't have this "important feature"?)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/